Celebrity News: Stevie Wonder Boycotting Florida Over Trayvon Martin Case and "Stand Your Ground" Law


Music celebrity Stevie Wonder is going to be allegedly boycotting Florida.  Evidently, he is not happy about the George Zimmerman verdict.  Like hundreds of other people who are very angry over George Zimmerman being found not guilty, Stevie Wonder is speaking out about it. 

According to NBCPhiladelphia.com, Stevie Wonder allegedly said, "I know I'm not everybody. I'm just one person. I'm a human being. But for the gift that God has given me and for whatever I mean, I've decided today that until the 'Stand Your Ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again," said Wonder. "As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world."  

Of course, SCR readers we know this situation is spiritual just like many others; however, at least Stevie Wonder is showing he cares and unlike many others, he is not afraid to voice his opinion. 

Stevie Wonder Boycotting Florida Over Trayvon Martin Case and "Stand Your Ground" Law

By Josh Grossberg
Stevie Wonder wants to trade "Stand Your Ground" for "Higher Ground."

Between songs at a music festival in Quebec City on Sunday, the Motown legend reacted to a Florida jury's acquittal of George Zimmerman in the Feb. 26, 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by...Read full article, here. 



Source and Photo: NBCPhiladelphia.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment